Mission Statement

www.BirthActionCoalition.org

The Birth Action Coalition believes the birth journey is an essential expression of human dignity that requires informed and empowered partnerships between women, families and health-care providers. Through projects that educate and advocate, The Birth Action Coalition will work to create supportive birth environments in our communities.

Friday, September 10, 2010

A New Role

Dear BAC members and supporters,

I am very excited about the upcoming year and serving as the new president of BAC. I want to begin by thanking all of you for your hard work and support over the last couple of years. I also want to specifically acknowledge and thank Kim Rivers for her tireless efforts as president; she has truly been the backbone of BAC. I hope to carry on her efforts so that BAC continues to thrive by educating and advocating for birthing women in our community.

BAC is such a wonderful organization that supports women and their families and I am so thankful to be a part of that. Working with BAC as Secretary over the last year has been extremely rewarding. I have made some amazing friendships and have been inspired by the passion of all the members. I look forward to working closely with the new board of directors and I am thrilled that Sandy and Summer have joined us.

Thank you again for your support. You will be hearing from us soon as we have some exciting new outreach programs and several community events that BAC plans to participate in during the upcoming year. Please contact me if you have any questions, concerns or suggestions. We are always striving to expand the mission of BAC.

All the best,

Summer Sivas

No comments:

Post a Comment